Fall registration is open!
Sessions will be 1 hour a week for 8 weeks
Dates: 9/26, 10/3, 10/10, 10/17, 10/24, 10/31, 11/7, 11/14
Groups are tentatively scheduled for Tuesday late afternoons. Times will be confirmed once we receive all registration forms. Children will be accepted into the group in the order we receive their registration. Groups will be limited to 4 children.
Is your child a candidate for our feeding group?
- Ongoing poor weight gain or weight loss
- Ongoing choking, gagging or coughing during meals
- Ongoing problems with vomiting
- More than once incident of nasal reflux
- History of a traumatic choking incident
- History of eating and breathing coordination problems, with ongoing respiratory issues
- Parents reporting child as being "picky" at 2 or more well-child checks
- Inability to transition to baby food purees by 10 months of age
- Inability to accept any table food solids by 12 months of age
- Inability to transition from breast/bottle to a cup by 16 months of age
- Has not weaned off baby foods by 16 months of age
- Aversion or avoidance of all foods in specific texture or nutrition group
- Food range of less than 20 foods, especially if foods are being dropped over time without being replaced with new foods
- An infant who cries and/or arches at most meals
- Family is fighting about food and feeding (i.e. Meals are battles)
- Parent repeatedly reports that the child is difficult for everyone to feed
- Parental history of an eating disorder, with a child not meeting weight goals (parents may be stressed and in need of extra support)
Criteria questions sourced from: www.sosapproach-conferences.com/articles/red-flags